my lamb

my lamb

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Invitation


 
The Bridegroom has sent out His coworkers to invite everyone (even those at the ends of the earth) to the wedding. This way no one may say, “I didn’t know about it!”   
34 There are some who are ignorant of God. 1 CORINTHIANS 15
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. MATTHEW 28
4 To you, O men, I call out; I raise My voice to all mankind. PROVERBS 8
11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. MATTHEW 8
37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: Watch! MARK 13
Lucifer and his demons are not invited though.
9 Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb! REVELATION 19
The Dress Code
The invitation comes with a dress code. Everyone is asked to wear fine linen, bright and clean.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given [the Bride] to wear. (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) REVELATION 19
14 Without holiness no one will see the Lord. HEBREWS 12
14 Blessed are those who wash their robes. REVELATION 22
The Bridegroom would wear fine linen, too.
5 I looked up and there before me was a Man dressed in linen, with a belt of the finest gold around His waist. DANIEL 10
God would personally check everyone for proper dressing.
11 But when the King came in to see the guests, He noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 “Friend,” He asked, “how did you get in here without wedding clothes?” The man was speechless. 13 Then the King told the attendants, “Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” MATTHEW 22

No comments:

Post a Comment